Friday, January 01, 2016

Bring on 2016!

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!





Saturday 9: Sleigh Ride (1993)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Have you ever ridden in a sleigh?
No, I've been in a horse-drawn carriage, though. On Mackinac Island - where there are no motorized vehicles allowed...  It's also where "Somewhere In Time" was filmed.  

2) This recording is from Harry Connick Jr's best-selling CD, When My Heart Finds Christmas. This year, did you add any new holiday songs to your personal collection?
Nah, should I have?  BT dubs - Harry tweeted me once.  I asked him what his "go to" music was for a relaxing, sit back, have a glass of wine kind of night.  He tweeted me back and not only can I not find the tweet now, I can't remember who he said.  Smacks self in forehead...

3) Harry was born and raised in New Orleans, a city that seldom sees snow. Have you had enough snow to shovel so far this winter? 
Surprisingly no! 

4) Speaking of weather, Harry hosted a mini-series on The Weather Channel called 100 Biggest Weather Moments. Do you frequently check The Weather Channel?
Only when there is severe weather coming.  Otherwise our local guys do the job well enough  Oh, or if I'm traveling.  I like to know what I'm heading into LOL
5) Harry's mother was a very impressive woman -- a lawyer, judge and Louisiana Supreme Court justice. Tell us about someone in your family of whom you're very proud.
My niece.  She wrote a letter to my aunt, not knowing what to expect and just wanting to get to know her family on her father's side.  That had to have been so hard, and while there are other reasons I'm SO proud of her - taking that leap of faith is #1 in my book.  :)

 6)  Happy New Year! Now that Christmas is over, are you done with holiday music and decorations? Or are you sad to see the holidays end?
Bring on 2016!  I have plans for that bitch.....
7) The New Year's Eve fireworks celebration in Sydney, Australia is famous for coordinating pyrotechnics and music. Have you ever welcomed the New Year in another country?
Nope. 

8) Do you have any New Year's Resolutions for 2016? 
See the previous post on this, my all new and improved blog :)

9) Looking back on 2015, what surprised you?
Hmmmmm.... Lots.  But really, I wasn't surprised by much. 


Happy New Year!


~ K to the Dubs


8 comments:

auntiem4cabs said...

Ive never done NYE in another country either. I think that some year soon, it should be a priority! Have a great weekend!! xoxo

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Your niece sounds like an awesome and brave young woman. Huzzah to her!

The Gal Herself said...

Well, just look at you with the new look blog! I like it.

If I'd been completely honest in my own answers, I would have admitted that, like you, I do check the Weather Channel a lot right before I travel.

Family drama, ugh! Good for your niece. That must have taken guts.

Kwizgiver said...

Slick new blog! And happy New Year.

Diana_CT said...

I love the movie Somewhere In Time. I love science fiction and romance movies and it combines both.

I am Harriet said...

Every time that I am in Central Park I think about taking one of those horse drawn carriages. I'm too cheap to do it though.

CountryDew said...

Love the new look! And leaps of faith ... one must always admire those.

Unknown said...

Happy new year!

Your niece is very brave. I would love to have contact again with some nieces, but I haven't seen them for over 30 years, so I´m very hesitant.
Maybe the knowledge that she dares will help.
Thanks for sharing!